TAKEO Co., Ltd. handles information we receive from you properly, with a keen awareness of our social responsibilities. In particular, TAKEO regards personal information as information that it is both important and necessary to protect, and we promote this recognition on a daily basis in compliance with related laws, regulations and other standards based on the following policy.
TAKEO has established and implements the following Personal Information Protection Policy for the handling of personal information.
TAKEO may collect personal information in the course of our business. However, we collect, use, provide, and entrust such information in an appropriate manner, and take measures to ensure personal information is not handled beyond the scope necessary to achieve the purpose of use (use other than for the intended purpose). In particular, we take all possible measures to dispose of personal information.
TAKEO complies with laws, regulations, standards, and guidelines established by the Japanese government related to personal information.
TAKEO takes appropriate preventive and corrective measures against unauthorized access, loss, destruction, falsification, and leaks of personal information. We also compile a manual for the handling of personal information and provide training to ensure that all parties concerned are aware of and familiar with the details in the manual, and strive to make ongoing improvements.
We have established internal rules for responding to complaints and consultations regarding the handling of personal information and handle complaints and consultations in line with such rules.
Enacted: July 12, 2023 Shigeru TAKEO President TAKEO Co., Ltd.
1. About TAKEO
TAKEO Co., Ltd.
President: Shigeru TAKEO
Head Office: 3-12-6 Kanda Nishiki-cho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo
2. Purpose of use of personal information
(1) Information on customers
TAKEO Co., Ltd. (hereafter, "TAKEO") uses basic information - your personal information, such as your name, address, phone number, date of birth, and email address, as well as information regarding your transactions with TAKEO - to identify individual users, as well as for the following purposes:
1) To provide shipment of TAKEO and TAKEO group company products, mailing of catalogs and direct marketing, related after-sales service, and information about new products and services.
2) To manage credit, collection, and claims related to transactions with TAKEO and TAKEO group companies.
3) To perform order acceptance and shipping services contracted to TAKEO.
4) To reply to your inquiries.
5) You will be notified of the purpose of use of your personal information on an individual basis in cases in which the use is for purposes other than (1) through (4) above.
(2) Information on employees, etc.
TAKEO uses information on employees, etc. for personnel management, attendance management, tax management, business management, expense reimbursement, benefits, union operations, and individual number-related administrative work (including information about family members) based on the so called “My Number Act”.
(3) Information on applicants
TAKEO uses information on applicants to screen and select the personnel we need.
3. Provision of personal information
We will not provide or disclose to third parties any personal information that TAKEO and TAKEO group companies collect from you, except:
(1) When doing so is a legal requirement.
(2) When your approval and agreement to do so has been received in advance.
(3) When providing and sharing it with TAKEO group companies to the extent necessary in order to achieve the purpose of use as explained to you.
(4) When it is judged to be necessary for the public good and/or your interests, such as in order to protect you or a third party from risk of death, injury or damage to assets.
(5) When the business is inherited and personal information is passed on due to a merger, spin-off, or transfer of operations of TAKEO and/or TAKEO group companies.
4. Outsourcing of personal information
TAKEO and TAKEO group companies may entrust personal information collected from you to subcontractors that have signed non-disclosure agreements regarding personal information.
Personal information will not be outsourced except in cases in which the handling of personal information is outsourced to the extent necessary in order to achieve the purpose of use as explained to you.
5. Disclosure, correction, and deletion of personal information
(1) TAKEO will disclose personal information concerning you that it possesses upon request from you or someone recognized by you as your representative.
(2) However, TAKEO cannot inform you of your personal information:
- When it is feared that informing you would violate the rights and/or interests of you or a third party.
- When it is feared that informing you could cause significant harm to the operations of TAKEO and/or TAKEO group companies.
- When it is feared that informing you could violate other laws and regulations, etc.
(3) If TAKEO receives a request from you for disclosure of personal information and errors in your personal information are found, the appropriate corrections and/or deletions will be made immediately.
(4) When TAKEO receives a request from you for disclosure of personal information, you may be billed separately for the costs incurred in informing you of your personal information.
(5) When making a request for disclosure of your personal information, a copy of your official identification proving your identity - such as a driver's license, health insurance card, passport, or certificate of residence - is required.
(6) There may be cases in which we cannot inform you of personal information due to are unavoidable circumstances.
(7) Cessation of use/disclosure of personal information
When you request us to cease the use and disclosure of your own personal information, we will cease its use and disclosure to TAKEO group companies immediately upon confirmation that the person making the request is in fact you. The minimum personal information required for TAKEO’s operations cannot be deleted.
6. Security Control Measures
TAKEO has established information security regulations and personal information handling regulations for when handling personal information. We appropriately implement the following security control measures based on our personal information protection management system, and continuously review and improve these measures.
(1) Organizational security control measures: We limit the persons responsible and persons in charge of handling personal information, clarify the division of roles, and establish reporting systems, etc.
(2) Personnel security control measures: We provide regular training for all employees, initial training for new employees, and conclude non-disclosure agreements, etc.
(3) Physical security control measures: We establish handling areas, use locks, and irretrievably delete and dispose of personal information, etc.
(4) Technical security control measures: We minimize access authority, and prevent unauthorized access from outside, etc.
7. About this website
For the purpose of operating the website, TAKEO may collect cookie information from you in the course of you using the website. Cookie information is data that identifies the computer you are using for the purpose of making the use of the TAKEO website more convenient in certain situations, such as when you revisit it (such as providing the ability to store information about credit cards, purchase history, and cost estimates). Please note that, although it is possible to change your browser settings in order to block cookies, doing so may prevent you from being able to make normal use of this website or the services thereon.
(2) Use of SSL
SSL (Secure Socket Layer) is a technology that uses encryption to transmit information in order to prevent it from being intercepted or altered. This website takes measures that make use of encrypted transmission via SSL on webpages transmitting personal information so that your personal information cannot be intercepted by outside parties.
8. Governing law and amendments
9. Personal Information Protection Complaint and Consultation Desk
3-12-6 Kanda Nishiki-cho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 101-0054
Contact: Personal Information Protection Officer: Director in charge of Personnel & General Affairs Department
Tel: 03-3292-3611 (switchboard)
Monday to Friday: 9:00-17:00 (excluding national holidays and company holidays)